It’s time once again to plan your company picnic. Having your gathering this year outdoors allows for more comfort in light of the pandemic. The first decision to be made, of course, is the location. To help you get started, our experienced sales team at Simply Fresh Events has identified the great venues in the DMV area.
- Rocklands Farm, Poolesville, Md. This working farm and winery hosts beautiful flower gardens, the original Manor Home and a converted Upper Barn with space to spread out for your group.
- Lone Oak Brewery, Olney, Md. With a newly constructed pavilion, due to be completed by May 2021 and 2 other areas you can reserve, this venue has something for everyone, including great brews.
- Rock Creek Mansion, Bethesda, Md. Located 2 miles inside the capital beltway, the ballroom here can hold up to 200 guests, while field games can be setup on the adjacent lawn space.
- Glen Echo Park, Glen Echo Md. This location will take you back to days past, with the operational merry go round and local artisans, convenient to central Maryland, Washington DC and Northern Virginia.
- Fort Hunt Park, Alexandria, Va. Located near the shores of the Potomac River, Fort Hunt Park was originally part of George Washington’s estate, Mt. Vernon.
- Centennial Park, Columbia, Md. This 325-acre regional park is close to the intersection of Routes 29 and 108 in Howard County.
- Carderock Recreation Area, Potomac, Md. Managed by the National Park Service, Carderock is situated right on the historic C & O Canal.
- Meadowbrook Park, Chevy Chase, Md. Still known by some as Candy Cane City, these 16 acres of parkland are adjacent to Rock Creek Park.
- Seneca Creek State Park, Gaithersburg, Md. This 6,300-acre state park is located on the banks of the Seneca Creek.
- Sandy Point State Park, Annapolis, Md. This state park, with over 700 acres, has room for your group to run, or lounge along the beach waterfront, while enjoying a nice meal.
The key to reserving any of these venues is to book now! All tend to fill up early in the season. To get your first choice – and to learn more about each area – contact Director of Sales Geoff Barker, (240) 685-2500, as soon as possible.