Customary Hours: 40 hours per week; varies to include evenings, weekends, holidays, and extended hours as business requires
Purpose of Position:
The purpose of the Tasting Chef position is to meet Simply Fresh Events’ long-term vision and growth needs, through the planning, management and execution of client tastings for future events.
- Provide an outstanding culinary experience through the execution of daily tastings for existing and prospective clients. Offer menu recommendations based on the clients’ preference. Engage with clients during tastings by introducing each course and answering questions. Collaborate with Executive Chef and Kitchen Manager to achieve consistency between tastings and events. Manage recipes/ingredient lists – update continuously with new and innovative menu items. Achieve desired profitability targets through meticulous planning and effective purchasing.
- Team Development:
Develop training guidelines and standard operating procedures for tastings. Lead trainings for sales team, tasting servers, FOH staff and event chefs on new and existing food items with a focus on presentation. Support and provide guidance to other members of the culinary team who are responsible for cooking tastings.
Be the culinary face of Simply Fresh Events in the tasting room. Work with marketing/social media team to create content that drives business/engages current clients. Lead the tasting team, and also provide culinary consultations on custom menus when clients require additional attention. Educate sales team on proposal pricing and menu selection based on seasonality and venue.
Essential Qualifications and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum five years of culinary experience required.
- Previous sales and/or customer service experience preferred.
- Off-premise catering experience preferred.
- College degree in hospitality or culinary arts preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understanding of different culinary profiles and techniques.
- Ability to function independently and intuitively in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized/strong attention to detail.
- Ability to speak in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to display professionalism and composure under difficult circumstances.
- A desire to learn new flavors and techniques.
- Willingness to work night and weekends.
- Ability to read, write and speak English proficiently. Bilingual skills preferred.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel; reach with hand and arms; and stoop, kneel or crouch. Constant standing throughout the shift is required.
- Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 60 lbs.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- May work in extreme heat and cold (non-weather and weather).
- May work in wet conditions (non-weather and weather).
- Noise level is moderate to loud.
- May work near toxic/caustic chemicals and with fumes or airborne particles.
- Will work near moving or mechanical parts.